Everybody knows that I love running long distances, being outside of the city and admire the nature at work. The loneliness of the trails, the beauty of the trees, the rivers, all of this helps me to meditate and get rid of the daily stress. This is my outlet, my way to replenish my energy.
This is why I invite you to join the Morris “Doc” Turner 5K, a wonderful run in the city that will take place on a wonderful Sunday (May, 31). This race is all about what I love: short distance in the city, it is gonna be packed with A LOT of folks! So, why should you sign up? There are a few reasons:
- This event is promoted by a Steel City Road Runners friend, who is awesome and love running. She is awesome, probably not as much as the author of this website, but just for that, you should sign up.
- You support your local community: this event raises resources for the Highland Park Tennis Club’s Dr. Morris E. Turner Medical Scholarship which will be presented to a student in the Gateway Medical Society who is majoring in the medical field and for the Highland Park Tennis Club’s Free Summer Tennis Clinic
- There is a team for cool kids, called SCRR4EVER. This is dedicated to the Steel City Road Runners members but all the cool kids are welcome. So if you do not come, you are not a cool kid at all.
- If the weather is great, we can hang out together afterwards in the park. There will be yoga and exercises classes, music, food – everything for a great party!
- You can run there, do the race, have a good time with your friends and run back. Yep, an ultra for the price of a 5K (with food to fuel you in between)
As the event is a run or walk, there is no reason to pass. Sign up today on active.com and join the team SCRR4EVER.