About the author
My name is Julien Delange, hello!
I am currently living in the United States of America, particularly in the beautiful city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I work as a researcher at Carnegie Mellon University. Before coming in the country of Uncle Sam, I lived for two years in the Netherlands where I worked a software engineer at the European Space Agency and survived the Dutch lifestyle! Before riding my bicycle in the country of cheese-makers, I studied in Le Havre and Paris, got a Master degree at University Paris VI and a PhD in Computer Science at TELECOM ParisTech, which gave me the opportunity to design the first libre partitioned OS: POK.
Among other things I did, I used to teach at the EPITA engineer school for the GISTR department. Lectures and lab sessions are focused on software engineering: design methods, programming best practices, architecture and software design, etc. I contributed also to open-source projects such as RTEMS, Tuxfamily.org or Debian.
Apart computer science, I am an avid runner that enjoy traveling and discovering countries, cultures and people. I used to run around 70 miles a week, ran several marathons and ultra-marathon in the USA. While I can go on roads, my favorite is on trails in the nature – I can go for a running adventure for hours. I am racing almost every months and maintain a race agenda, check it out if you are a runner and want to meet on the trails! I am also providing coaching services.
You can reach me by e-mail on julien at gunnm dot org. I usually reply within one or two days. Also, please note that I am using GnuPG to encrypt and sign my e-mails. If you want to know how sign or encrypt e-mails, you can read a tutorial here (for Thunderbird). Yes, privacy matters.
About this blog
The following rules apply to this website:
- The views expressed here are solely those of the author in his private capacity and do not in any way represent the views of anybody else (either a person or a company/institution). The content published here has not been approved, endorsed, embraced, friended, liked, tweeted or authorized by anybody else than the author.
- If you do not agree with the author, you are free not to read this website
- This website has and will contain some spelling errors. “Excuse my french” dude!
- The content of this website is owned by its author
- This website may contain some jokes. We are sorry if you do not get them and apologize for the inconvenience.